Our global experience in metro and overland rail delivery is paying dividends in this complex, state-of-the-art project.Sydney Metro City & Southwest - Sydenham Station and Junction (SSJ), and Southwest Metro Corridor
- Project Name Sydney Metro City & Southwest - Sydenham Station and Junction (SSJ), and Southwest Metro Corridor
- Client Sydney Metro, Transport for NSW
- Location Sydney, NSW
- Status Under construction
The Sydenham Station and Junction Upgrade (SSJ) and Southwest Metro Corridor Works (SWMC) sees Laing O’Rourke drawing on its enormous transport infrastructure delivery experience, from numerous major projects in Australia and the UK to manage the most complex brownfield component of the Sydney Metro program.
SSJ is a critical part of the transformation of the overall Sydney Metro City & Southwest project and is a key area of interface where the new metro meets the existing Sydney Trains networks.
Delivering the works
In a joint venture with John Holland, Laing O’Rourke is delivering numerous benefits, including new concourses and lifts, platform upgrades and access, junction and civil works, train control systems, drainage work, utility relocations, new pedestrian plazas, taxi bays, bike parking, bridge remedial works, pedestrian crossings, bus stops and more.
The project in numbers
- 2 platform upgrades at Sydenham Station
- 2 new platforms at Bankstown Station
- 12 bridges upgrades
- 9 new retaining Walls
- 5 Culvert refurbishments
- 3 new Hi-rail pads
- 6km of Security Fence
- 9km of Segregation Fence between two active train lines
- 6 High Voltage Utility Pits
- 8km of utility containment troughing
- 400m of under track utility containment crossings
- 7 utility containment bridge crossings