More Trains, More Services is a multi-billion-dollar NSW Government program designed to simplify and modernise the rail network.More Trains, More Services
- Project Name More Trains, More Services
- Client Transport for NSW
- Location Sydney to Kiama, NSW
- Status In progress
The More Trains, More Services program is simplifying and modernising the NSW rail network, creating high capacity, turn up and go services for many customers.
More Trains, More Services will enable passengers to access more services on a simpler and more reliable network through the delivery of better infrastructure, new trains and extra services.
Station and rail infrastructure improvements along the South Coast Line between Wollongong and the Sydney CBD aim to deliver a train service every 15 minutes in the peak and every 30 minutes in the off peak.
Transport for Tomorrow is a partnership between Transport for NSW, Laing O'Rourke and KBR, delivering a five-year program of station and rail infrastructure upgrades in 15 locations across the western Sydney region including North Strathfield, St Marys, Westmead and Sefton, and also along the South Coast Line between Sydney and Kiama, under the More Trains, More Services program.
Work over the last three years has included platform extensions at selected stations, upgrades at the Mortdale Maintenance Centre and delivery of a bogie exchange system, construction of stabling yards at four locations, station and service upgrades, overhead wiring and structure installations, relocation of electrical and signalling services and construction of access tracks and turnback upgrades.
The Transport for Tomorrow team is working at 41 locations across 1,995 km2 in metro and western Sydney and regional NSW.
Key project features include:
- Mortdale Maintenance Centre Upgrade and delivery of innovative bogie exchange system
- Waterfall Stabling Yard and Platform Extension Project
- Wollongong Stabling Yard and Platform Extension Project
- Long New Intercity Fleet Upgrade at Thirroul, Coniston, Bellambi and Kiama
- Port Kembla Southern Stabling Yards and Station upgrade
- Kingsgrove Turnout Removal
- Platform Extension and Station Upgrades at Dapto
- Platform Extension at Shellharbour Junction
- Kiama Stabling Yard and Platform Extension
- Turnback Upgrades at North Wollongong, South Wollongong and Thirroul
- Demolition and extension of rail platforms without impact on rail services
- Overhead wiring and structures upgrades
- Relocation of electrical and signalling services
- Construction of access tracks