Full project details
Brisbane Airport’s International Terminal is being expanded, delivering the master plan to cater for more international travellers and larger aircraft including the Airbus A380.
As Managing Contractor, Laing O’Rourke is delivering an important element of Brisbane Airport’s master plan for its International Terminal. The Northern Concourse Expansion will cater for increasing numbers of international passengers, delivering two new gates – Gates 73 and 74 – that can dock larger aircraft including the Airbus A380.
The scope, currently in Delivery Phase, is to construct a range of airside and landside works including:
- An extra 11,000 square metres of space
- Six more boarding zones
- New passenger zones
- Four new walk-out gates
- Four new aerobridges (2 MARS gates)
Laing O’Rourke’s industry-leading Digital Engineering approach is central to our planning and delivery strategy to engage with airport stakeholders and virtually deliver our construction solutions in the Planning Phase, well before any work crews mobilised to site.
Following Brisbane Airport’s approval of the design developed in the Planning Phase, Laing O’Rourke is now managing the Delivery Phase, overseeing a range of subcontractors to safely construct the project with minimal disruption to the airport, airline operators and retailers and the travelling public.
A contractor of choice
- Laing O’Rourke has delivered almost 20 projects across the Brisbane Airport precinct, starting with the original Domestic Terminal in 1987.
- Laing O’Rourke’s Digital Engineering approach was recently profiled by the Sustainable Built Environment National Research Centre as key to driving whole of life efficiency for assets.
- As at the end of 2016, Laing O’Rourke is delivering three major aviation infrastructure projects; the International Terminal Building’s Northern Concourse Expansion at Brisbane Airport in Queensland, Battlefield Airlifter Project at Queensland’s RAAF Amberley and the Air 5428 Pilot Training Facilities Project across multiple Defence bases nationally.