Full project details
The Gorgon LNG Project involves the construction of a 15 million tonne per annum LNG plant on Barrow Island, off the northwest coast of Western Australia, and a domestic gas plant with the capacity to provide 300 terajoules supply per day. Laing O’Rourke is supplying the LNG plant site and accommodation facility with all general utilities required for construction activities and operations.
Works comprise construction of the on-site utilities infrastructure, including a new desalination plant, relocation of an existing water treatment facility, new waste water treatment plant, new diesel power station and associated utility corridor and connections.
A multi-disciplined Laing O’Rourke team is managing the offsite module fabrication and is delivering the civil, structural, mechanical, piping and electrical works for these services.
Barrow Island is a Class A nature reserve and the project team will have to adhere to extremely stringent environmental and quarantine requirements associated with access to, and work on, the island.
The project involves the following works:
- Permanent Waste Water Treatment Plant combined with associated equipment (tanks, pumps etc.)
- Bridging Water Treatment Plant at the General Utilities Area (The existing facility is to be relocated from Town Point to the General Utilities Area)
- Permanent Water Treatment Plant combined with associated equipment (tanks, pumps etc.)
- Temporary Power Station combined with associated equipment (fuel conditioning, transformers etc.)
- Permanent Diesel Storage Facility combined with associated equipment (dispensing bowsers, refuelling area etc.)
- Temporary Diesel Storage Facility installed as an adjunct to the above
- Central Water Disposal Facility including Water Disposal Pumps and Disposal Water Tanks
- Other infrastructure including permanent electrical distribution (transformers, LV & MV cable, small power and area lighting etc.), permanent buildings (FER, Substations) and temporary instrument air package
- Utilities Corridor from the General Utilities Area to the Construction Village, and
- Waste Water Injection pipeline from General Utilities Area to the WA Oil PWD Facility.