Full project details
This capacity building rail infrastructure project caters for major patronage growth on Sydney's rail system in the city's inner-west and south-west.
Laing O'Rourke has delivered a major capacity-building commuter project with Transport for New South Wales.
The Auburn Stabling project involved the construction of a new train stabling facility north-west of Auburn Station. Key features of stage one of the project included:
- construction of a train stabling facility to accommodate 11 eight-car trains
- construction of walkways and roads
- a noise mitigation barrier
- a staff car park
- installation of lighting and fencing
- construction of staff amenities and offices
- associated civil and rail systems work
Construction of the Auburn Stabling Project was completed in 2013. Additional track and signalling works to fully integrate the new stabling facility with the existing network was undertaken from 2014.