To continue delivering the world-class buildings and infrastructure Laing O’Rourke has become renowned for, we’re looking for today’s brightest graduates to create the next generation of engineering and construction talent.
As a Laing O'Rourke graduate, your capabilities will be recognised and rewarded. Most importantly, you will be encouraged to continue learning throughout your career. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your professional development as a priority.
What does the programme involve?
Our graduate programme combines practical experience, technical learning and professional development. Diverse on-the-job experience will be complemented by an engaging series of learning modules, helping you to build the right blend of personal and professional skills. The programme is offered globally, lasting 32 months in our Europe hub and 24 months in our Australia hub.
You will be mentored by experienced leaders, and enjoy strong support from line managers and a large peer group network. We will work closely with you to develop clear career goals, expand your skills and assist you in working towards the relevant chartership.
On completion, you will continue to benefit from ongoing support from our graduate development team and a network of business contacts, as you move into a permanent role within the business.
Who is eligible?
To be successful you will combine academic achievement with personal drive and a commitment to hard work. European candidates will have achieved (or be on target to achieve) a minimum 2:1 degree. Graduates in Australia will be sought from engineering, construction or related disciplines, and your academic record will be assessed as part of the selection criteria.
There are two main routes onto the programme:
- External applicants: recently qualified graduates or students about to complete their degrees can apply through our website.
- Scholars: in the UK degree students who already sponsored by Laing O’Rourke will be invited to apply to the programme.
What type of degree will I need?
Positions will be awarded to those who have completed courses in engineering, design, commercial services and construction management that are accredited by the relevant professional body.
- Engineering and design: we seek graduates of civil, mechanical, electrical, structural, building services and geotechnical engineering, architecture and manufacturing.
- Commercial management: qualifying graduates will have completed a degree recognised by the relevant professional body.
- Construction management: successful applicants will have graduated from a professionally accredited degree.
When can I apply?
In the UK applications are now open and will remain open until all roles are filled. Assessments will be held in November with successful candidates commencing the following September. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is in your interest to apply early.
How do I apply?
Applications are submitted by invitation or via our online recruitment portal, depending on the individual role. Click here to search / apply for available positions.